Weekly Friends TV Quote!
ROSS: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, supposedly by accident.
RACHEL: Oh, yeah, I've done that.
ROSS: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did and pee-ed all over the crossword.
RACHEL: I've never done that.
*** Remember to come back every Monday for a new quote!***
If you would like donate for my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk!
Friday, June 27, 2008
So last night when I put her first set of ear drops I have to hold her down... put the drops in her ear while she screams bloody murder. I was surprised CPS wasn't called on me. Well this morning I got crying and no screaming ... a plus. Tonight she was calm... SCORE!!
Tomorrow kicks off the first event of the 4th of July. The Lakewood Block Party! The family comes and we have a great night! The best part FIREWORKS. There is one downside to tomorrow though... Eric has to work ;0(! Ugh such a bummer! At least he does have 10 consequetive days off coming starting the 4th. Can't wait! So many fun things planned for our last summer as a family of 3.
Before I end this post I would like to say... I MISS YOU BRENNA!!! This pregnancy has turned me into a hermit when I am not keeping Angela busy with summer activities. Want to know what is even more pathetic. She lives one street over. Man I must be the laziest of all preggo women! Well I hope you are have a great Friday and weekend!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
So the other night (when I do most my thinking and writing) I started thinking about all the dreams I had growing up. As children we grow up with all kinds of dreams that we want to accomplish! Sadly as time goes on we become more mature and our dreams start to diminish and soon we are left with one. Well here are 13 dreams I once had growing up.
1. Teacher: This dream started when I was in kindergarten. When Mrs. Collins asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I told her... teacher. This dream I almost accomplished. I do get the chance to substitute which is almost full on teacher!
2. Get married and have grand wedding: This one I can check off as DONE! I was your typical girl who dreamt my wedding by having my barbie and ken doll playing the part! It always turned out to be a splendid day! I may have had a small wedding but it was grand to me... plus I got me the pick of the litter in the hubby department!
3. Have babies: This is another one I can check of as done! I have two babies that I get the oppurtunity to be the mother of! I love my girls more and more everyday... even the one who is still cooking!!!
4. Rock star: Now who hasn't dreamt this? I would crank up the music and sing and dance away. The world was my stage. I started to loose faith in this dream around high school!
5. Supermodel: Never thought this one until the end of high school. I had the height and my family used to tell me that I would be great at it. Well Angela can along and that dream poofed into thin air (I do not regret that in the least)
6. Marine Biologist: In 10th grade I was a part of the Ocean Odyessy program and the thought of being out in the ocean and studying the wild life seemed fascinating! Well I had a class in about the physical aspects of the ocean and was turned off. I am happy to say that my Angela has said that this is what she dreams of being. Bet your sweet butt I am keeping this one going!
7. CPA: Well for this one I had dollar signs as my pupils! The money that could be made intrigued the hell out of me. I wanted to that big wig accountant for an international company. Well one really horrible accounting teacher in college blew the flame out of that dream!
8. Real Estate Agent: While in college I had thoughts of dropping out and taking the easy way out but becoming a real estate agent and making moolah that way. I thought I could take care of my family and the hubby could stay home with Angela... I mean wouldn't I be the best wife ever. I do kick my self in the butt at times, because a few years later the market soared and some lucky souls maid money as if it grew on trees. Oh well things happen for a reason.
9. Flipper: Well the new buzz in real estate is flipping houses. Eric and I watch the flipping shows ALL the time! How cool would it be to buy a crappy house that needed TLC and made it the best looking house on the block. The turnaround get and the money you made could set you for the next house and then some. This dream is still there, but with the housing market taking a nose dive this one may have to stay on the back burner for a while.
10. Jewelry Designer: A few years ago my grandmother introduced me into jewelry making and beading. I took classes and had so much fun! Well Brenna (my partner in crime) and I took this idea and ran with it for quite awhile. We spent a lot of money on supplies... we didn't do cheap jewelry. We even got as far as having a business name and business cards. Unfortunately life and school happened which forced us to put the jewelry business on the back burner.
11. School Psychologist: I have always been fascinated with adolescent psychology (why I minored in Human Development) and thought what perfect way to use this skill as to be a school psychologist. Again dollar signs were there in my eyes, because there are so few school psychologists that you can contract yourself out there. Instead of pursuning this dream I took the easy way out with less schooling and stuck with Liberal Arts.
12: Principal: Well kind of like a principal. Because I very strong views on how a school should be run and how education shouldn't be taken lightly or be stressful that I wanted to open my own school. This was short lived because how does one actually open thier own school without it being religion based. I just wanted a good old private school that focused on fun ways of learning all subjects!
13: Writer: I chose this dream as my final 13 for the fact that I still plan on pursuing! I am an avid reader and am amazed at the different levels of writing out there and the amazing stories that keep me hooked till the very end. I have a couple ideas in mind, one that I started in high school in one of the creative writing classes I took! When Emma is at an age where I can go back to school I plan on getting back into creative writing classes. Not sure as to what genre I love most or want to write, but there are many out there to choose. Now if only I can get Oprah to add one of my future novels to her book club.
Here are 13 dreams that I hoped to accomplish. Some I have and some I hope to still. Think back to your childhood... what dreams did you have growing up. Think back to kindergarten when every teacher used to ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Angela has already voiced many dreams and as her mom I am holding them in my hands with great care in hopes they never get crushed. I hope Angela ends up being a rock star/marine biologist/scientist/ astronaut. I hope her becoming smarter than both her parents keeps her motivated! I am biased because I hope she makes lots of money and takes care of her so ever deserving parents!!
I have to say I really enjoyed doing this Thursday 13. I have decided that my Thursday 13's will be in reference to my all time fave television show Friends. There is so much I can say about it, so why not give my readers a glimpse into my obsession!!! Hope you had a great Thursday!!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
We also found out that she is head down... and I mean way down! I am taking this as a sign that she will not need a lot of pushing to come out... do you think it is wishful thinking? She has her legs bent with her knees to her chin... I hope she can keep that flexibility because man I wish I did!! So far we think she looks like Angela... at least she does have Eric's eyes, she has the cutest little nose, long legs, and big feet. It could be the ultrasound machine... I don't know, but they do say a camera adds 10 pounds. There is one pic where she looks like she is smiling, and another where she is chewing on her fingers. She is just too cute!
This was such a wonderful experience! I just loved looking at my baby girls little face! Of course I had tears in my eyes while watching her... the Celine Dion music in the background probably helped also! I am so in love with her that I just can't wait to hold her and just kiss her all over! It's days like these where August just seems so far away!!!
So I need to boast about the place we went to. It is called Before the stork 4D. You can read about them at http://beforethestork4d.com/. This place makes you feel at home and they do thier best to get the best pictures possible. I even got a little gift bag at the end! If you know of anyone who is pregnant and lives in LA or OC than let them know about this place!!!
Here are the pics:
Here is the last image and the most perfect one of her... see she made us work for the good shot!
Her mouth is open and she was chewing on her handHere we swear she was mocking us with this smile... but cute nonetheless.
Here she is snuggling up against her arm!
Here is her leg and foot. As you can see she has it tucked in nicely... I see big feet in my future!
Can you see her little ear?
Well I hope you enjoyed this fascinating experience! I loved every minute of it.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
So the start of my afternoon with Angela home consisted of her watching a movie while I napped. Yes, I nap while my daughter is watching tv... I gotta do what I gotta do to get some sanity back for the rest of the day! Well once I wake up she wants to play with her friends, which is fine with me, because that gets her out of my hair and I can get things done. About a minute later she comes in and tells me that they can't play, because they got in trouble the day before and this was their consequence. I told her, "See if you don't listen you get the same consequence." She agreed, because it has happened. Well later on I tell her no tv until dinner (I need quiet time). She asks if she can play video games... I again say no, because it is time for the tv to be off. Under her breath, with her back to me she says "You are just being mean." I ask her "What did you say?" She proceeds she didn't say a word and I then repeat what she said. She goes, "You are hearing things." I tell her that for lying to my face you are not allowed to play outside and I send her to her room. Now if she would have copped to it, it would have been a 7 minute timeout (thanks Supernanny). As we are playing Mario Kart later that night together (some one on one time, since mommy can't run and play like I usually like to do). She decides to be on another team, so she can win (using the computer players to help). I am in fact winning and jokingly say, "I bet you wish you were on my team"... well she interupts me and said "Are you saying I am stupid?" I look at her and tell her, "You know that is one of the words I WILL NEVER call you." She then says, "I guess I am the one hearing things." Man was I in stitches!!
Angela moment number 2:
This summer is going to be a busy one for my princess. She will have swimming lessons, science camp, a trip to San Fransisco (with MIL), Sea World, OC fair, Baby Shower, Emma's arrival etc.
When I send her to her room she counts her money and asks how much a plane ticket costs. I am thinking, Wow I just made her so mad she wants to run away. No, she wants to buy her own ticket to San Fran... so cute! I tell her it is about $100... too much she says, because she has counted only $12. Well than she asks to go to Rite Aid down the street. I ask why. She first says to get a journal... This girl has a ton of diaries. I tell her this and she says... not that kind the kind you write down what you have planned. She says I have so much to do this summer that I need to keep track. I tell her I will get one at Target (a lot cheaper). She just can't wait so she makes her own until I can get her one. My daughter the planner!!
Well I just had to tell my Angela stories for the day... Oh and can someone answer this for me? Why is it you have one thing you need to get from Target and you end up walking out with an armload of stuff? Eric and I walked in to get a calender for Angela (cost us $2 mind you) and we walked out with about $60 dollars worth of stuff. This a mystery I will never solve.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Okay so bear with me, because I have a novel to right!!! So sit back with a glass of wine... or other another beverage you like and enjoy!
So my weekend started Friday with a trip to the state capital to see Phantom of the Opera with my mother in law. This is my Christmas gift from my BIL and his fiance! So the flight went pretty smooth and I was able to get through it without freaking out too bad. I did watch the flight attendants every time turbulence hit just make sure they were still doing their thing. We got there about 1 pm and got to our hotel about 2. The hotel was pretty nice for our overnight trip. After a nap and getting as dolled up as a pregnant woman can get it was time for a night of fun! I got to say I was laughing as soon as my BIL and Erik picked us up. As soon as my BIL got out of the car he looks at me and says "Hey Jaime Lynn"! OMG I was dying!!! Our first stop was the Capitol Buliding for a kodak, or Olympus moment (the camera I do have). My MIL wanted to make sure I saw something other than the play while we were in Sacramento. While there we took some picks and I almost peed my pants (not hard to do since Emma likes to use my bladder as a pillow or ball, since I am not sure if she is head down yet)because of Eriks Governator impressions... man did he nail them!!! They took us to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Even though I was the only one without wine (in time in time!) the food was awesome and this preggo pigged out on some canneloni. After dinner we were off to the play!!! We had great seats and I as soon as it started I got chills. When the chandelier lights up after the auction the chills just ran up and down my spine! I just love the music!!! I saw the movie first and man the movie does not do the play justice! I am so thankful for this gift, because I would have never seen this on my own!! So thank you Brian and Erik for one of the greatest gifts ever!!!
So, while we were at dinner my BIL and Erik dropped a bombshell on us. They have decided to move to Australia. Yes you heard right AUSTRALIA!! They have put in the application, which because their careers are in high demand over there they will be going! This will take about a year to go through the whole process. Even though we will all miss them we will definately be visiting them!!
The trip was great and my weekend ended as it should...well mostly... with the birth of Addyson! Our friends Dennis and Devon welcomed their little girl June 1st (her due date and first child... so jealous) weighing 9 pounds and 20 or 20 1/2 inches long. Sorry I have momnesia and forgot (momnesia is in fact real... saw it on the news) how long. I got to visit and she is absolutely perfect and so beautiful!!! I cannot wait till Emma is born and our daughters can be buddies!
Okay now my weekend was going perfect till my DH took Angela and her cousin Jessica to the park. I was at home and all of a sudden Angela comes in like her sassy says and tells me "Daddy twisted his knee and we tried calling put you wouldn't pick up." I am thinking "no he didn't." Well in walks in... or should I say limps in Eric. He tells me that while he was chasing the girls he jumps off one of the contraptions and lands on his bad knee twisting it. (has been twisted before and just got fully healed not too long ago). Well a stranger at the park kindly let DH borrow her cell phone to call me. Well the phone did ring (our house phone) and I did not recognize the number. Only 4 people have the number, so when a unfamiliar number calls I DO NOT answer it!! I hate telemarketers and refuse to give them the time of day (sorry if this is your profession... at least you get voicemail and not an angry rude person on the other line). Well I tell Eric, I didn't know the number and wasn't answering (he did call 3 times in a row, but I just thought it was an overzealous telemarketer). Also, I did not see that Eric forgot her cell. Oops... bad wife. I hate when he is hurt, because I know he is frustrated when he can't just do what he wants. He is also unable to play softball... he loves playing! I know I am being self involved, but he couldn't have done this at the worst possible time. We are about 2 months away from my due date and a month away from my baby shower, and I have so much to get done. Especially with all these boxes that need to get to the garage. I just may need to find a sucker who will want to help (((hint hint))) ;0)
So here is the rundown of my weekend. I hope you enjoyed your wine or beverage and my little blog HA HA! Oh and stayed tuned on Wednesday. We have our 3D/4D appointment, so I will definately be sharing the pictures and hopefully video (if I can figure it out). I am so excited to see our Emma with her baby fat! I will be 2 days away from my 30 week mark... can you believe I only have 10 weeks to go? WOO HOO!!!