Weekly Friends TV Quote!

Season 1 Episode 16 TOW Two Parts, Part

ROSS: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, supposedly by accident.

RACHEL: Oh, yeah, I've done that.

ROSS: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did and pee-ed all over the crossword.

RACHEL: I've never done that.



*** Remember to come back every Monday for a new quote!***







Click Here
If you would like donate for my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk!





























Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday 13: The big dreamer!

So I have been saying I was going to do a Thursday 13 for some time now! So here I am FINALLY getting around to it.

So the other night (when I do most my thinking and writing) I started thinking about all the dreams I had growing up. As children we grow up with all kinds of dreams that we want to accomplish! Sadly as time goes on we become more mature and our dreams start to diminish and soon we are left with one. Well here are 13 dreams I once had growing up.

1. Teacher: This dream started when I was in kindergarten. When Mrs. Collins asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I told her... teacher. This dream I almost accomplished. I do get the chance to substitute which is almost full on teacher!

2. Get married and have grand wedding: This one I can check off as DONE! I was your typical girl who dreamt my wedding by having my barbie and ken doll playing the part! It always turned out to be a splendid day! I may have had a small wedding but it was grand to me... plus I got me the pick of the litter in the hubby department!

3. Have babies: This is another one I can check of as done! I have two babies that I get the oppurtunity to be the mother of! I love my girls more and more everyday... even the one who is still cooking!!!

4. Rock star: Now who hasn't dreamt this? I would crank up the music and sing and dance away. The world was my stage. I started to loose faith in this dream around high school!

5. Supermodel: Never thought this one until the end of high school. I had the height and my family used to tell me that I would be great at it. Well Angela can along and that dream poofed into thin air (I do not regret that in the least)

6. Marine Biologist: In 10th grade I was a part of the Ocean Odyessy program and the thought of being out in the ocean and studying the wild life seemed fascinating! Well I had a class in about the physical aspects of the ocean and was turned off. I am happy to say that my Angela has said that this is what she dreams of being. Bet your sweet butt I am keeping this one going!

7. CPA: Well for this one I had dollar signs as my pupils! The money that could be made intrigued the hell out of me. I wanted to that big wig accountant for an international company. Well one really horrible accounting teacher in college blew the flame out of that dream!

8. Real Estate Agent: While in college I had thoughts of dropping out and taking the easy way out but becoming a real estate agent and making moolah that way. I thought I could take care of my family and the hubby could stay home with Angela... I mean wouldn't I be the best wife ever. I do kick my self in the butt at times, because a few years later the market soared and some lucky souls maid money as if it grew on trees. Oh well things happen for a reason.

9. Flipper: Well the new buzz in real estate is flipping houses. Eric and I watch the flipping shows ALL the time! How cool would it be to buy a crappy house that needed TLC and made it the best looking house on the block. The turnaround get and the money you made could set you for the next house and then some. This dream is still there, but with the housing market taking a nose dive this one may have to stay on the back burner for a while.

10. Jewelry Designer: A few years ago my grandmother introduced me into jewelry making and beading. I took classes and had so much fun! Well Brenna (my partner in crime) and I took this idea and ran with it for quite awhile. We spent a lot of money on supplies... we didn't do cheap jewelry. We even got as far as having a business name and business cards. Unfortunately life and school happened which forced us to put the jewelry business on the back burner.

11. School Psychologist: I have always been fascinated with adolescent psychology (why I minored in Human Development) and thought what perfect way to use this skill as to be a school psychologist. Again dollar signs were there in my eyes, because there are so few school psychologists that you can contract yourself out there. Instead of pursuning this dream I took the easy way out with less schooling and stuck with Liberal Arts.

12: Principal: Well kind of like a principal. Because I very strong views on how a school should be run and how education shouldn't be taken lightly or be stressful that I wanted to open my own school. This was short lived because how does one actually open thier own school without it being religion based. I just wanted a good old private school that focused on fun ways of learning all subjects!

13: Writer: I chose this dream as my final 13 for the fact that I still plan on pursuing! I am an avid reader and am amazed at the different levels of writing out there and the amazing stories that keep me hooked till the very end. I have a couple ideas in mind, one that I started in high school in one of the creative writing classes I took! When Emma is at an age where I can go back to school I plan on getting back into creative writing classes. Not sure as to what genre I love most or want to write, but there are many out there to choose. Now if only I can get Oprah to add one of my future novels to her book club.

Here are 13 dreams that I hoped to accomplish. Some I have and some I hope to still. Think back to your childhood... what dreams did you have growing up. Think back to kindergarten when every teacher used to ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Angela has already voiced many dreams and as her mom I am holding them in my hands with great care in hopes they never get crushed. I hope Angela ends up being a rock star/marine biologist/scientist/ astronaut. I hope her becoming smarter than both her parents keeps her motivated! I am biased because I hope she makes lots of money and takes care of her so ever deserving parents!!

I have to say I really enjoyed doing this Thursday 13. I have decided that my Thursday 13's will be in reference to my all time fave television show Friends. There is so much I can say about it, so why not give my readers a glimpse into my obsession!!! Hope you had a great Thursday!!

No comments: