Weekly Friends TV Quote!
ROSS: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, supposedly by accident.
RACHEL: Oh, yeah, I've done that.
ROSS: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did and pee-ed all over the crossword.
RACHEL: I've never done that.
*** Remember to come back every Monday for a new quote!***
If you would like donate for my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I very rarely talk about my parents on here, but I should start because they are AWESOME! Not sure if I should start here since as you can see I am introducing my pops on a birthday. Well not just and ordinary birthday, but THE birthday, the big 5-0. As you can see my dad looks more than thrilled! I was lucky I even got a picture, because like my sister my dad will do anything to stay away from the camera! I know you read this Ash and you will be on here soon! MUAHAHAHA!!!
Back to my pops! He is the best father a girl could have! Not only will he drop everything to be there for you, but he and my step mom gave me my little brother! I wish they lived closer, because I miss seeing them everyday! What makes my dad even more awesome was how he became a father to my older brother! He may not be his biological father, but became his father and I think did a better job!
For more A Thousand Words Thursday go HERE!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
It is the Kindle... no not candle, but Kindle! What is so special about this and why would a book lover like this? Think ipod, but for books. Yes, this gadget downloads books, magazines, newspapers. The print looks just like the print you would see in a book. It is it's own mini computer, because you do not need a computer in order to use it. All you do is browse the thousands of books available, choose the book, and it downloads in minutes right then and there... in a waiting room and you need something new to read... in minutes you will have your new book! This gadget is pricey, but so was the ipod when it first came out. Yes, you buy the books, but all books never go over $9.99. Sick of all the magazines you have piled up? Download it on the Kindle. Does your newspaper always come to your door damaged? Download it on the Kindle. Reading your book and come across a word you don't know? The Kindle will give you the definition! You like to listen to music while you read? The Kindle does it. The Kindle itself can hold 400 books, but if you buy a memory card your Kindle can now hold thousands more!
No I am not one of the lucky few who now own this, but being the tech gadget freak I am, I am really aching for one! I love to read and my bookshelves are crammed with books! Yes I do go to the library to check out my books, but not all of them are easy to put in a purse or bag. Sometimes I just like to buy the book. I now don't have to find places for CD's and now I can do the same with books, magazines, and newspapers!
If you are interested in learning more go to Amazon.com!
If you were in the audience when Oprah gave these out... I am so jealous and please tell me how you like it!
Monday, October 27, 2008
I always find Mondays hard to get back into the same old routine, especially when we have had a great weekend together as a family. Since this is exactly how I feel today I thought why not begin the week on a brighter note! I thought I would share a video of a comedienne that I came across through an email years ago. I find her absolutely hilarious and I think you will too!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
During my pregnancy I dealt with bouts of extreme upper-middle back pain that radiated right underneath my breast bone. Sometime I would vomit because of the pain. I went to ER twice for it. The first I was told it was a UTI and the second I was told it was my muscles stretching because of the pregnancy. My OB thought it could be kidney stones. For the remainder of the pregnancy I would put heat on my back every night. Once "P-I-T" arrived I figured the pain would no longer be a problem. A month after she was born I had the pain again. It lasted about 4-5 hours at night but always went away. I pushed through the pain and figured if it were kidney stones than I was fine. About a month after that I had the same pain. Pushed through it again and all was well. One week later again. Two days later again. At that point I figured I needed to see a doctor. I went in and he told me it sounded like muscle spasms. However, in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe gall bladder, because I started to see a trend that it happened after I had eaten something heavy. After telling the doctor this he still thought it was muscle spasms and gave me some pain meds for it. The next morning hubby and I went out to breakfast. I had a mushroom and spinach omelet and an hour and a half later I was in pain. This was the worst it had been and it was during the day. I got home in time to loose my breakfast and take my pain meds still thinking muscle spasms. Two hours later the pain had lessened. I figured I would take the time to rest, since the girls were with my mother in law. About 2 hours after that the pain came back full force. By this time I was fed up and decided to head over to Urgent Care. The doctor came in and I told her everything I told the other doctor. She tapped on my back and told me that if it were kidney stones I would have jumped from the table screaming. I then laid on my back so she could feel around my torso. As soon as she pushed on my gall bladder I was in tears. She listened to when this pain would happen and what I had eaten and made me an appointment to get an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed I have multiple stones and one was blocking a duct. I am now the next in a long line of family members that have had to have their gall bladder removed. With the sign of the times it is a pretty simple procedure. It is an outpatient type surgery, where they do 5 little incisions and take it out through your belly button... I always knew it was there for a reason! So, until then I am living off the most boring foods known to man. The highlight of today was getting a banana smoothie since that is the best tasting thing I have had in 3 days. My meals consist of mashed potatoes with no butter, jello, apple sauce and plain toast. There are more things I can eat, but I worry about the pain coming back and it is not fun! On a brighter note I am almost to my goal weight... not that this is how I wanted to get there. If you have had your gall bladder removed I know how you felt and this is not something I would wish on anyone!
What I learned from this is to not second guess your intuition. If you don't feel you got the right diagnosis get a second opinion just to make sure!
Friday, October 24, 2008
It is Friday yet again... WOO HOO! Well not much of a WOO HOO for me. I am battling gall bladder pain... a long story for another post, which will be tomorrow if I can!
My all time favorite TV show is Friends as you can see from my favorite quotes section above! How obsessed am I you ask?
* I always win at the Friends Scene It no matter who I play
* I sometimes talk about them like they really are my friends
* Anything can remind me about a episode
* I will quote a line and people have no idea what I am talking about
* Everynight I choose a disc and will loop it so it will play over and over
My question to is this... Do you have a favorite movie or tv show that you are obsessed with?
Please say you do... it will make me look less crazy if that is possible!
Check out An Island Life for more Aloha Friday fun!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Sassy is working on a book report for school and I think my typing habits are being passed down as well. I was reading her answers and found sentences that ended in 3 periods (...). I am a big overuser of the 3 periods if you haven't noticed already. One question asked to give the characteristics of a character in the book and the last sentence she wrote said " I would love to be Molly's BFF." BFF? Do 3rd graders actually talk like this... I know I don't. She doesn't have a cell phone, let alone text. Now I am anticipating the OMG and the LOL.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday we went to Disney's California Adventure to do some Mickey Trick or Treating. We had a blast! Sassy was dressed up as Wednesday Addams (wait till to tomorrows Wordless Wednesday... befitting I thought) and man did she look the part. Princess In Training was the cutest ladybug there... I may be impartial, but it is true! We got our bags and went to the designated posts and got treats! Even us adults got a bag and filled it up because we weren't gonna share! We even took a picture with a wise cracking scarecrow! LOVE HIM! It was a long night but so worth it.
Saturday I got to see my little brother! He is getting cuter every time I see him! He has an obsession with cell phones, so being the best big sister I am I let him play with mine. He even lets other electronics try and talk into the phone. He is talking more and more and I am one proud big sis!
Sunday Eric went to Vegas for his football trip. I know this trip comes every year, but that doesn't keep me from feeling like a part of me is gone! My heart does grow fonder for those 2 and a half days. To fill the void I went and stayed with my mother in law since my father in law was on the trip as well. I took ALL my laundry and am almost caught up... a big accomplishment on my part!
Sassy is becoming more of my little worrier these days. We spend all day long reassuring her that she is fine, not poisoned, not going to die etc. She will miss out on fun things for the fear of what could go wrong. Saturday she was supposed to "camp" with her Brownie troop. Four hours later we picked her up, because she was too tired and missed us. She has her good days, but her bad days are really bad. Soccer seems to be helping with some of her anxiety. She is seeing that getting hit with the soccer ball, or getting pushed really isn't that bad. Sassy is even becoming a super soccer player!
"P-I-T" is growing so fast! She is now 2 and a half months and is becoming the biggest cheese ball! She smiles and coos all the time and only cries when she is hungry, wet, or tired. She is on a schedule... or what I call a schedule, which I never did with Sassy! She sleeps through the night the majority of the time, which makes this mommy feel refreshed and ready to start her day! She is recognizing faces and I swear is about to laugh any day now. I couldn't imagine not being home with her and missing all the little milestones!
Monday, October 20, 2008
“This blog invests and believes, in ‘proximity’ [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proxy] "They are all charming blogs, and the majority of them aim to show the marvels of friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate?"Then let’s try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to eight bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.”
It is always great to hear that someone loves your blog! I feel so honored to have gotten this award! It is awards like these that make your blog worth all the work!
The rules for the next award is I need to answer these questions with only one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? couch
2. Where is your significant other? Vegas
3. Your hair color? Brown
4. Your mother? Home
5. Your father? Far
6. Your favorite thing? Princesses
7. Your dream last night? None
8. Your dream/goal? Mother
9. The room you're in? Living
10. Your hobby? Everything
11. Your fear? Death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? House
13. Where were you last night? Bed
14. What you're not? Energetic
15. One of your wish-list items? House
16. Where you grew up? Cali
17. The last thing you did? Bottle
18. What are you wearing? Jammies
19. Your TV? On
20. Your pets? None
21. Your computer? Lap
22. Your mood?Sleepy
23. Missing someone? Hubby
24. Your car? Parked
25. Something you're not wearing? shoes
26. Favorite store? Target
27. Your summer? Pregnant
28. Love someone? Definitely
29. Your favorite color? Black
30. When is the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Early
I now need to pass these awards on! These ladies have some great blogs!
1. Tena at Punky Monkeys
2. Jaime at Just add Laughter
3. The girls at Boob Camp
4. Carrie at Raising World Changers
5. Elizabeth at Parenting Pink
Hope you all have a Magnificent Monday!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I have been wanting to do an Aloha Friday for a while now, but never took the chance to do it! The idea is that since Friday is the start to the weekend it is nice to take it easy and just ask a simple question for you to answer. I got the idea over here at An Island Life, so if you want to learn more go to this site!
Tonight we are participating in Disneyland's Mickey's Trick or Treat Party. The kiddos get to dress up in their Halloween costumes and "trick or treat" for candy at the posts they have throughout Disney's California Adventure. We went last year and had a blast!
With that being said my question is this... Do you have anything special that you do for Halloween besides trick or treating?
Aloha and have a Wonderful Weekend!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
The first meme asks that the person tagged has to enter the 6th picture in their album. All my pictures are sorted into different albums, so I chose my first album, which is labeled Angela. She asked me to take a picture of her, so of course I complied! Why not, I make beautiful girls! I love this picture, because it shows some of Sassy's unique style... notice the gray top with sequins with the green top over it? I could show more pics, but this only asked for one. Plus I now have another post set for the future! I am lucky because the house is clean! Aww memories!
So, now I must tag some people now to pass it on!
1. Teenie over at The Smith Family
2. Amanda at Twinkies+1
3.Sandra at Mommy of 3 Beautiful Babies
4. Michelle at The Charlies Family
Okay now onto Meme #2! This is going to be fun, because I have to dig deep in this mommy brain and post 7 things that are weird and random about me... oh are you in for some weird and random things! I also need to enlighten you all with 6 things no one knows about me... okay this can't be done because there is at least 1 person that will know all of these 6 things, but to the blogging world... this is true!
Weird and Random
1.I cannot drink diet coke with caffeine... it does not taste right! Give me a diet caffeine free coke and I am in heaven!
2. I don't like anyone cleaning my kitchen but me... you won't do it right!
3. I hate wearing socks! I wear flip flops in the rain... I am a So. Cali girl so it works... no snow! I only own one pair of tennis shoes! I do wear heels, but again... no socks.
4. I don't mind washing clothes, or even folding, but ask me to put them away and I will procrastinate until the pile is too high and I have to refold.
5. I have to listen to my music LOUD! If I can't listen to it loud I would rather not listen to it at all!
6. Every night I watch Friends... I have all 10 seasons on DVD I pick a disc and put it on repeat.(it must be in order too) I can't sleep without it. If I forget to loop it I will wake up and start it again. I know bad habit, but it helps me clear my head!
7. I cannot read a book more than once. I have tried, but I loose interest after the first chapter! Harry Potter fans put me to shame... There are some who have reread the books at least 10 times. Even my hubby can reread books!
The 6 things no one knows... or the blogging world doesn't know
1. I have the ability to worry myself sick... for some reason anything can do this.
2. I honestly don't care what others think about me. It was a uphill battle, but my skin has thickened.
3. I sometimes live vicariously through my children. I make sure my girls do things that I wanted to do but never did!
4. I have a flu phobia. If I could put my house in a bubble during flu season I would. It has magnified 10 times now that Emma is here!
5. I was tormented and bullied as a kid. People say kids will be kids, but until you were at the receiving end you know this is not true!
6. My life long dream is to be an author. I have about 3 books that I have started, including one I started in high school. The ideas come easy... getting them on paper is the hard part!
Again I must tag people for this, so I am tagging some of the same people and throwing new names in the mix as well!
1. Teenie at the Smith Family
2 Amanda at Twinkies +1
3. Sandra at mommy to 3 beautiful babies
4. Michelle at The Charles Family
5. Diaries of the Domestic Goddess
6. Anyone who loves to reveal the deep dark secrets that are hiding within
1. I learned to always read and re-read my posts before publishing... grammatical errors are so last 100 posts.
2. I learned that the blogging world is more than what I ever thought it could be!
3. I learned that everyone has a style of their own!
4. I love that I get to share my princesses with my blog friends!
5. My blog friends... You are the greatest!
6. All the wonderful stories I get to read on a daily basis!
7. To not compare your style with others... we are all different and that is what makes us who we are!
8. I can always look back and recall the details of events... let's face it being a mom brings mom mush brain!
9. I get to share my princesses... yes I repeated, but hey without them there would be no blog!
10. How everything I do can turn into a great story for my blog!
11. That the blog community is so inviting!
12. How there is so much out there and I just want to learn it all!
Last but not least
13. That when the princesses are older I have these stories to share with them!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
At this lovely abode we have dishes spilling out the sink
Clothes piled as high as Mount Everest
Rooms that need some deep cleaning
Clutter coming at us at both ends
I don't work and there are plenty of times where Princess In Training is asleep. Why don't I do it then? There are many reasons for this:
1. When the baby sleeps mommy wants to sleep
2. It is my chance for some me time
3. Blogging... need I say more?
4. Chatting with friends
I do have goals, and I am hoping each day I get my goal accomplished. Tonight will be the kitchen. Tomorrow I am going to "try" and tackle my foldable clothing. This way when I tackle Mt. Everest I am not adding to another mountain.
You would think I would have cleaning down when you look at my genetics. My maternal side of the family are born obsessive clean freaks (I do say this as an endearment). They put my cleanliness to shame. I will never live up to those expectations and I do try. My mother could never understand why my room never stayed clean, I mean that gene should have been passed down right? I think what I need to work on is not the cleaning part, but the keeping it clean part. Once it is clean I relax and wait for the layers of dirt once again. I guess I like cleaning a room that is worth cleaning!
I have been blessed with receiving another award! Tena over at Punky Monkeys thought I was deserving! Go check her out... she does not disappoint!
She wrote 6 things that made her happy, so I am thinking I must do the same!
- My hubby
- My princesses
- friends and family
Here are 6 people I will pass this along to
Friday, October 10, 2008
See that adorable little boy? No, he isn't my long lost son. This mommy only pops out princesses! This little Prince is my baby brother! Yep, baby brother! Well now a toddler brother! He was born March 31, 2007 and we are 27 years apart. What I don't tell most people is that when I first found out my dad and step-mom were going to have a baby I had mixed feelings. My dad has 4 children already and all grown-adults. He was going to become epitome of starting over! With that said I was very involved as much I could. I helped with the baby shower, called to ask about the pregnancy, and I drove up to them the minute I heard she was in labor! The minute I looked into that babies face my heart melt! Right away the big sis protector stepped in! I swore that I would always be there for him when he couldn't go to his parents. I swore I would spoil him just like my own children! Sadly, they don't live near me and I don't see him often. When people ask if I am having anymore children and I tell them no they ask, "Don't you want to try for a boy?" I honestly have my little boy, my little brother. I get to watch him grow, and Eric and I have been honored with being his Godparents! He is one of the many loves of my life! What is great is when Sassy says "My baby uncle." Classic!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
*** Technically it is 11:08 pm on Wednesday, but Thursday to others. On a earlier post I mentioned I had a breast infection. (click here to read). That one is still healing and now I have one in the other one. This one is a clogged milk duct that won't relieve itself. I have been on antibiotics and doing warm compress. Nothing is working so tomorrow I get to have an ultrasound done on my breast. Hence the early post, because my day is starting a lot earlier than it usually does! Thank goodness this is my last child, because I will never have to worry about breastfeeding! ***
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Welcome Back ELMO! We have missed you!!!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Dear fellow neighbors,
When you live in an old apartment building such as ours thin walls are in the package! No one expects complete silence, but there are common courtesies that come with sharing walls, laundry rooms, and space in general!
1. When you close a door, or window please do so with care! If your walls shake when you close them chances are mine will too!
2. If you know your neighbor has napping children have the common courtesy and knock lightly. Pounding my door will not get me there any faster, but it make me a little more annoyed.
3. When your TV wall is the same wall where your neighbors sit keep the volume at a standard level. Also, I know surround sound is awesome, but lets tone down the bass! Again... shaking walls are not fun!
4. Again I know surround sound is awesome, but don't you think 11 pm on a weekday is a little late to have it at max sound?
5. It is very cute when a really young child turns a light on and off, but when a bathroom fan is involved you are not the only one who hears the commotion. How bout we keep it to 5 times and not 20!
6. Walking on tip toes is not mandatory, but stomping your feet ALL the TIME is going over the top.
7. When doing laundry have the common courtesy to not leave your clothes in the dryer for hours. Others may need to wash clothes as well!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Of course there are rules like all awards so here they are:
They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut or that they propagate? Then let’s try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.
Here are my 8
1. Jen at the Dirty Shirt
2. The Mom Jen at Cheaper Than Therapy
4. Michelle at the Charles Family
5. Star Rocket
6. Carrie at Raising World Changers7. Sandra at mom to three beautiful babies
Please go check them out... They are Awesome!!!
Okay I know I need 1 more, but I always have the hardest time filling this out... I do have one more award to give out!
The rules are pretty much the same as the award above! If you feel a blog is "Brillante" then give them the props they deserve! If you are tagged than take the award above (just clickey-click) and pick 5-7 people. Make sure you link them on your blog as well! When you blog about tell them why you think they are "Brillante"!
Okay I always have a hard time choosing people, because usually the bloggers I know have received it. Hey I love giving duplicates as well! This helps them know that they really are "Brillante"! So, if you have gotten this award already I am just reminding you again of how brillant you really are!!!
So here are my 5!
1. Michelle at The Charles Family: I love her pictures, her sons are beautiful and funny I might add ("hat, hat") plus the kicker is... her youngest is a week older than Miss Emma! Yep a member of August 2008 babies!!!
2. Sandra: Mom to Three Beautiful Babies: This mom is supermom! Plus I told her she should start a blog... and she listened! Anyone who listens is tops in my book! HA HA! Her youngest is a day older than Miss Emma... yep another August 2008 baby!
3. Chrysti and Karrie over at Boob Camp: I started reading their blog recently and love it! Plus they remind me of the relationship I have with my BFF! They wrote a few children's books... anyone who does this is top notch in my book as well!
I know there are only 3, but I have yet to actually comply with the rules of an award! I think I may make that my thing. Know really I have mommy brain right now... hazy, mush brain! Plus Miss Angela has a soccer game in 3 hours and has to be there in 2. Just enough time to try and I mean try to look like the woman that doesn't exude tired out mommy!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! See y'all Monday!!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Phoebe: Which one?
Phoebe: No, which one? The right or left? 'Cause the left one is lucky...
Whether consciously or unconsciously we all have our own superstitions. Baseball players have their routine before getting into the batters box... Ever watch Nomar Garciapara's ritual? If not you should. Kids avoid cracks on a sidewalk in fear of breaking their mothers back. I will give Princess In Training a bath every night in hopes she sleeps through the night.
I was researching some superstitions last night and came upon a website that listed many superstitions/old wives tales. Here are a few that caught my eye!
Spit on a new bat before using it for the first time to make it lucky (What the ritual before you hit isn't enough?)
To prevent an unwelcome guest from returning, sweep out the room they stayed in immediately after they leave. (Is that why they keep coming back?)
If a black cat walks towards you, it brings good fortune, but if it walks away, it takes the good luck with it. (Better walk backwards)
To cure a cough: take a hair from the coughing person's head, put it between two slices of buttered bread, feed it to a dog, and say, "Eat well you hound, may you be sick and I be sound." (Does my doctor know this?)
Cows lifting their tails is a sure sign that rain is coming. (So it really isn't them swatting the flies?)
If the bottom of your right foot itches, you are going to take a trip. (Itch darn it... Itch)
If the palm of your right hand itches it means you will soon be getting money. (Now you itch darn it... ITCH)
A knife as a gift from a lover means that the love will soon end. (And then that lover will be a new resident of a 6x6 foot cell)
If you catch a falling leaf on the first day of autumn you will not catch a cold all winter. (If only I new this sooner... next year you will catch me under a tree)
It is bad luck to see an owl in the sunlight. (It's a good thing they are nocturnal)
Seeing a spider run down a web in the afternoon means you'll take a trip. (If the bottom of my right foot itches does that mean I can take 2?)
A watermelon will grow in your stomach if you swallow a watermelon seed. (Angela did have a reason to be weary after swallowing that seed)
The number of Xs in the palm of your right hand is the number of children you will have. (I bet you checked your hand)
Do you have a superstition... fess up you know you do!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
This picture was taken on September 4th, 2008 my grandfathers first birthday in heaven. I took the girls to his grave site so we could bring flowers and introduce Princess In Training to her great-grandfather! Sassy was very close to her great-grandfather and his death hit her hard. Sadly, she saw first hand how cancer can deteriorate a person! She absolutely loved him and in this picture she was hugging him, while telling him Happy Birthday! This picture may remind me that he will never meet "P-I-T", but it is precious all the same!
This is my first Thousand Word Thursday! I got the idea from Jen over at Cheaper Than Therapy... check her out and join in on the fun!