Weekly Friends TV Quote!

Season 1 Episode 16 TOW Two Parts, Part

ROSS: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, supposedly by accident.

RACHEL: Oh, yeah, I've done that.

ROSS: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did and pee-ed all over the crossword.

RACHEL: I've never done that.



*** Remember to come back every Monday for a new quote!***







Click Here
If you would like donate for my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk!





























Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Bittersweet Day!

I usually celebrate today with nothing but extreme happiness, except for this year. Today is my grandfather's birthday, sadly he is no longer on earth to celebrate it with us! My grandfather passed away on January 21, 2008 from cancer. I saw the whole process of his body deteriorate and this was the hardest thing I had ever had to go through. Also, throw in a pregnancy as well and you would have seen one big mess! This death was a milestone, not one I ever wanted, but one at that. My grandfather's death was the first death I had ever had to go through with someone who I was close with! I have had family members die, but none who I knew well. What hurt the most was that I was adding to the family and he was never going to meet his brand new great-granddaughter. I was very strong through the death for Sassy's sake, and used this time to console her the best I could! Sassy was so sweet that she even cried on behalf of her sister, because she would only know him through the stories we tell Princess In Training and through the pictures we show! To celebrate today Sassy, "P-I-T", and I bought flowers and took them to his grave. I had Sassy hold her sister while they were near his grave and I took what I think are the most cherished pictures I could ever have! It was such a beautiful site that I had a hard time holding in my emotions. I miss him everyday and wish nothing more that he is in heaven having the time of his life from beyond looking down on us and smiling that great big smile I cherished.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!





You know what else... I rock, or at least Jennifer from The Dirty Shirt thinks so! I love her blog and I am so happy to see that she loves mine as well! Jennifer YOU ROCK and thanks so much!

I have 2 people that I think rock, and have wanted to bestow them with a blog award, but they seem to already have the ones I get... so this one is for you two:

Tena at Punky Monkeys: We go way back and hers was the first blog I ever encountered. I have known Tena since high school and am happy that she is still in my life as one of the greatest friends I could ask for! She was also the one who inspired me to start blogging! I find her blog so entertaining and love going to it every day! So Tena... I think YOU ROCK!


Jaime at Just Add Laughter: She has given me my first 2 awards! I met Jaime through Tena and am anxiously waiting for the chance to meet her and her girls! I go to her blog on a daily basis as well, and absolutely love it! So Jaime.... I think YOU ROCK!

So stop by their blogs and show them some love!

You all Rock in my book! Have a Terrific Thursday!

7 comments:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I lost 2 of my grandparents in the last year. And you already saw the state my poor last grandma is in...

Glad you had so much time with your grandfather!

and...a shameless PS…

I need everyone to go over to http://dabbled.org and vote for me? She’s giving away a computer ‘tablet’ and she only had a couple people ask for it and this is how she is deciding who to give it to! HELP! I'm the rogbark of the two contestants!

Tuesday Girl said...

Sorry about your grandpa, but I am sure he was with you today.

Unknown said...

I almost lost my great grandma back in Jan '06...but she's a tough lady and pulled through. Cancer is such a horrible thing, though. The girls lost an aunt in '03 to brain cancer (my ex's sister). It was very hard on my exMIL.

Thanks for the award!! You do ROCK! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Reading this made me thing of my grandpa who passed away Sept 30, 2004. He had lung cancer, but died of kidney failure. My children will never get to meet him, and that makes me really sad. I loved him so much (still do). He would've had so much fun with them, and they with him. I miss him everyday. My children, too, will know him through stories.

Debbie said...

Hi Allison...thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up. Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed!

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

I understand this post. I love my great-grandfather several years ago and he is and always will be the best part of my life. I'm so grateful that I was blessed to have him as my grandpa.
Kathy in Colorado
http://kathalog.typepad.com/kathalog/

Angela Moore said...

You've been chosen for the 31 Days of Make Believe. Please email amonthofstuff(at)gmail(dot)com so I can get your email and send you more info soon! Congrats!