Weekly Friends TV Quote!

Season 1 Episode 16 TOW Two Parts, Part

ROSS: I don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. But, he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, supposedly by accident.

RACHEL: Oh, yeah, I've done that.

ROSS: And then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before I did and pee-ed all over the crossword.

RACHEL: I've never done that.



*** Remember to come back every Monday for a new quote!***







Click Here
If you would like donate for my 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk!





























Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boy Meets Girl: Part Three!

May 17,1997: Prom Night



I am fast forwarding a couple of weeks to May 17, 1997, Prom Night. The coach and I had been talking on the phone and hanging out. It was the honeymoon phase of 2 hours of phone time. What does one talk about for 2 hours? I still do not know. We were not exclusive just yet, but it was on the brink of getting serious... okay serious for a 17 year old. One event hung in the balance.... Prom.



I was a junior at this time and my high school only did senior prom. My good friends were going, so of course I scoured high and low to find a guy to go with me. I succeeded and off to prom I was going. I had no feelings for this guy at all and I was just using him to go to prom. No lecture please... I know how horrible that sounds now.



The first stop of the night was Brandi's boyfriend's house. We did the traditional picture taking that all parents do. We all chipped in for a limo. Back then there were no such things as hummer limos, so we had the ordinary sedan one.



We headed for dinner at Charlie Browns. I guess all I did was think about the coach, because I talked about him incessantly. My friends took me into the bathroom to tell me to tone it down. My date, I guess was not enjoying it. Maybe he thought he was getting lucky on prom night... HA HA NO!



By the time we got to Hollywood Park, where the prom was taking place, my feet hurt and I was honestly over the night. We went and took pictures like your supposed to. This was a disaster...My date was a shrimp. I am 5' 10" and he barely came up to my chest. I told you I was desperate to go. Taking off my shoes didn't help. I left them off in the picture and I found out later that our pictures showed the full body... bare feet and all! If you can imagine it... you have me with no shoes and this very short guy.

My date was fed up at this point and decided to ditch me. In most stories this may have scarred me for life, but I wasn't digging him either.

A little while later we were all over prom and headed over to Brandi's. We decided I should call the coach and see if he wanted to hang out. We had the limo for a couple more hours and did not want it to go to waste. I called his house and what I thought was his dad picked up the phone, so I hung up. I did not want his first impression of me being a phone call that late at night. A few minutes later Brandi's phone rings and her boyfriend answers. No one on either side wanted to give information, so her boyfriend starts getting angry to the person on the line. The person on the phone said something about seeing him at practice when it donned on the boyfriend that it was the coach who *69'd us.

We then picked him up and headed to the beach. We walked hand and hand talking and taking in that beautiful May night. It was a very romantic night where we knew deep inside that this would be the start of a beautiful relationship! The night did end on a great note for me! It may have started with the wrong guy, but ended with the one I was meant to be with!

*** As I look back at this story I honestly feel bad for my prom date. Prom is supposed to be one of the most memorable milestones of ones high school career. I helped him have the worst night of his life. I ruined what was supposed to be the greatest night of ones life! If you are out there I am truly, deeply sorry!***

No comments: